Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"Vroom Vroom."

Hello,

I think that $2.00 is a good price to pay for a brand new piece of children's curtain fabric. After a wash to make sure the colours didn't run I hemmed the top and bottom and left the selvages in place. It was time to embellish the fabric.


 With some words like Vroom Vroom, Toot, Honk etc.


A couple of hours later I have the perfect play mat for Jacob to play on, or could it be a super hero cape or maybe even the top of a cubby house. The possibilities are endless.

I love using up fabric like this, I wonder what the original purchaser was going to do with it or had she overestimated the curtain length by an extra metre. I will never know but I am glad to have used it up.

Happy days.
Bev C


15 comments:

Julie said...

That turned out fantastic Bev, I love how you have embellished it. As soon as I saw it my first thought was a play mat. Yes I think you got a bargain at $2.00.

Gina said...

Great idea for a play mat and a terrific bargain

marina said...

great way to snazzy up the fabric, it is lovely and bright and what a bargain.

Maria said...

Jacob will love his new bright play mat....

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev ,Jacob will love this ,I think it's so cute lovely work my friend xx

Maria said...

Clever work there Bev! I love seeing what others do with treasures found in op shops!

Deb said...

Just perfect for a little boy and all his vrooms throughout his playing day! My little grandson Ethan wold enjoy it too! Good job on a bargain, too!

Fiona said...

what fun Bev and great idea for the playmat.... gotta love a bargain price too!

Hugz

Terri said...

Ha, what a great idea to buy children's curtain fabric and turn it into a play mat! So adorable. You're always full of clever ideas in repurposing materials.

Nat Palaskas said...

Yes $2 is a bargain for that cute fabric. Sadly my Salvo is now stopping selling fabric. I've got so many lovely pieces of fabric from there!

Anthea said...

Hi Bev, great use of that fab fabric piece, one persons leftover is another's fun!

Raewyn said...

Hi Bev, what a fun and simple idea, I am sure this will be well loved and used! Great bargain too! PS Love your cushion from FNWF :-)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That is fantastic Bev...love it!

Lin said...

Good work Bev. xx

kiwikid said...

Very nice!!!