Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"True Blue"

Hello,

Very little sewing has been going on, I needed a little rest from it. Watching the tennis has taken over my life. You would have heard me yelling and clapping the other night when Nick won his match. Can't wait until this evening to watch again. Just love January for all the tennis across Australia which leads up to the Australian Open.


 I finished the "True Blue" wall hanging and gave it to Jacob yesterday for Australia Day. The little bear is looking up to the Southern Cross. This design is available as a freebie from Abby designs. I realised I should have put the Teddy further down in the corner as I had to squash up the stars a little but it doesn't really matter. This hanging could be made up in applique if you don't have a embroidery machine.


 The only other sewing has been a very quick and simple camera bag.


Made up with two of the samples of fabric from Hong Kong. The owl fabric was perfect for the bag as it has a thickness to it and rather soft so not to harm the camera.

I have joined in OPAM again in 2015. OPAM stands for One project a month.



Looking forward to finishing some projects that have been around for a while and starting new ones.

I hope everyone had a great Australia Day yesterday and enjoy the week ahead.

Happy days.
Bev C

18 comments:

Dolores said...

Great looking projects Bev.

Sue said...

Two great projects, Bev.

Jeanette said...

Both projects are very lovely. Hugs, xx

Christine M said...

So that was who I heard yelling the other night all the way over here! LOL! That little hanging is so cute, Bev.

Deb said...

same here, Bev. Lots of tennis! I know you're proud of your Australian tennis champ! Love your projects and esp appropriate as a gift for Australian Day. I'll have to catch up on my sleep once these games are over for sure...2 a.m. doesn't quite agree with me! :)

Maria said...

I am not a fan of tennis but must say I was very pleased young Nick won....
Cute Aussie wall hanging you made for Jacob.
Handy camera bags you finished too.

Wendy said...

Hi Bev, your mini quilt and camera case are lovely. The shopping from Hong Kong looks amazing too! Wendy

Karen S said...

The little quilt is lovely. A gorgeous finish. And I like the bag, too.
I'll be yelling loudly tonight as well!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great that you watch the tennis over January Bev....I don't follow it but I think it's a good thing to do! Cool camera bags too! See you 'round in OPAM!

marina said...

nothing wrong with some distractions now and then. You can have my share of the tennis as I was busy sewing.
cute little mini and camera bags.

Lin said...

Great little wall hanging and I love that owl fabric. Plenty more tennis to come - enjoy. xx

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,
That is one adorable quilt there and those camera cases are eye catching, love the fabric. I did see your post on "Hong Kong Shopping". A lot of fun thing to buy there, so I have heard.

That is a neat to be able to get "OPAM" done. I may have to try that. : )

Have a lovely day and I can't wait to see what your next project will be.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Kim said...

I'm supposing you are a li'l sad this morning, Bev with Nick having lost his match. He did well...he will be a player to watch for the future. I too have been watching the tennis...it's now getting to the business end. I love Jacob's wall hanging, 'tis very sweet and such a cute camera bag; cute fabric. Enjoy the next few days of tennis....who are you 'shouting' for now to take the prize?

Fiona said...

so you are a bit in the dumps this morning... I was sorry to see Nick go .... lovely camera case and such a sweet quilt...
Hugz

Mrs Knitaddict said...

Feels so good to visit your Blog again Bev. During my holiday I was missing it a lot.
Lovely Australia Day quilt and very handy camera bags!
About tennis, I am another devoted to the sport (the type I sit comfortably in front of the TV with my knitting project in hands) Good to see we have new seeds of great players. Nick's lost to Berdych is only an experience to future gains.
A big hug,
Dolly

pd/ you are right Bev, the very north is the Sugar Cane Big Country. Around Ballina is the the beginning....

Cheryll said...

Great little Aussie hanging...so very cute too! xox

Raewyn said...

I love the teddy bear quilt - Thanks for sharing the link - it is perfect for a baby I need to sew for soon! ANd your camera case is also cute - good idea!

Raewyn said...

Hope I didn't close the tab before the comment went through!! The camera cse is a very handy and cute idea. I loe the teddy quilt too - thank you for sharing the link, it will be perfect for a baby i need to sew for soon!