Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Sewing Door Hangers and Cord Holders and some paperwork."



Hello,

Sewing small things has been on my agenda the past few days. I started with the idea of making a hanger for my sewing room door. I down loaded a template from the Internet  and found the shape I was after. I then had to add the 1/4 inch seam allowance to the pattern.


I machine embroidered the design onto the fabric added some lightweight pellon then sewed the two pieces together. A press-stud joins the loop part to the bottom of the project. If you make something like this leave the right side as the side to turn through. I sewed up this side first of and had a huge task of trying to turn that loop at the top through. The light-bulb moment came when I realised that if I left the gap for turning on the right hand side things would be so much easier.

You can never make one of these sort of things. I decided seeing as I needed a small gift for a up-coming Birthday for a friend this week I would make some more but in a different style.
I then searched on-line for a free machine embroidery design for a door hanger. I found one and used designs that I have.


I am sure my friend who shares the same name as me will love her hanger.


Then I made several of the Cord Holder's that Melody has the instructions for on her blog. I made one a bit longer and one wider because that was how the fabric was and I didn't really want to waste the fabric. So Bev will be getting one with her hanger and the rest have been put to good use. One is on the sewing machine and Over locker as well as the iron.

Paperwork, don;t you hate the stuff. Apparently I have to claim my blog in case someone else does.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




Happy days.
Bev C

15 comments:

Petra said...

Ooh they looks very nice, you did a good job. Have a nice day Bev greeting Petra.

marina said...

what lovely hangers and cord holders.
love your hexie project...

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Bev, I think your cord holder and hanger is very creative and neat. Great Job of sewing. I hate it when bloggers and heaven knows what else make us change, hey. I now have you one bloglovin. Hugs Judy

Bobbie Lynn said...

A couple of grate small project there Bev. It's so neat what we can find out there in the internet. I just went over to Melody's blog and she has a beautiful blog. I will need to bookmark it.
Hope all is well with you and the family.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Wendy said...

Your door hangers are lovely Bev, a very creative gift idea! I love the old fashioned embroidery pictures you did on them.

Melody said...

It' s great to see someone using my tutorial. Thank you.

Christine M said...

You have been busy Bev. Those hangers are a great idea for gifts.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely Bev great idea for gifts.

Fiona said...

love them... great gifts..
Hugz

Lynda said...

Fantastic present ideas Bev. What do you mean "claim your blog"?

Terri said...

Cute door hangers! I love sewing small projects like this too.

Cheryll said...

That's a fantastic idea... and BeV will LoVe her door hanger.
Well done! :)

Karen said...

These are a lovely idea. Great for gifts, too.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great hangers Bev!

I just joined Bloglovin too...do I really have to claim it! I used to just read everything com Dashboard!

It's very cold here....hoe you are keeping warm!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

They look wonderful! Yes, I do not like paperwork........