Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, April 1, 2013

"We won a car!!!!"

Hello,

Happy Monday. I hope everyone had a Happy and Holy Easter and are enjoying the down time we have at this time of the year. I made some Hot Cross Buns for Easter. While they we being made Bonnie reminded me that she doesn't eat fruit, so I had to make a second lot with Chocolate drops in them. We will be eating these for the next week. I have had a fair bit of luck lately which is a good thing.


Here is the progress on the hexagon flowers for the Country Garden project. My garden had to have some chooks scratching among the flowers. I mainly stitch these each evening while watching TV.


Last week I had to call into the sewing shop I sometimes pick up supplies from. While waiting for the lady to find the correct green machine embroidery thread I was after I spied a basket of embroidery cards going out for only $20.00 each. They normally retail from about $90.00 to $150.00 depending on the designer etc.


With the recent rain the garden really is coming ahead in leaps and bounds. This bulb is a member of the Amaryllidacea family. Some people call them the rain Lily but I refer to them as a Easter Lily as they always seem to spring up then. They are tough as old boots and come up after the rain. Whatever you call them they surprise you as one day they are just a tall stick on a bulb and then delight you with a head of flowers that last for ages. Definitely welcome in the garden here at Kainga.


Salvia's are another plant I love and purchase often. They are easy to grow from cuttings as this one was. Thanks Mum. Salvia's are tough and produce a wonderful array of colour and structure and survive the heat. Though some don't get along with Jack Frost.


You probably want to see a photo of the car we won.


A beauty isn't it. Seriously did you think we won a car. Happy April Fool's.

The car is in the garden of a local winery not far from us. Two of my Sister's and I enjoyed a cuppa and cake and browse of the gift shop back in January.We all took some photo's and I have been waiting to share it with you.

Happy Monday.
Bev C

19 comments:

Astrid said...

Congrats on the win! LOL! :) Hot buns... I haven't had my breakfast! :) Love your hexies and beautiful flowers. I've never grown salvia.. We have a big romarin in a pot that I have to take care of soon. The problem is where to put it in the soil, we already have too many plants in the garden! :)
Have a fun April Fool's Day!

Fiona said...

I did think you had won a car!!! lovely hexies - I also like to sew at night in front of the TV. That lily is just lovely and I think I need to get some salvia to fill spaces...
Hugz

Dolores said...

And here I was about to congratulate you on your win. Great going on the hexagons. I will never make any but I admire those who do.

Pauline said...

Hope you had a happy Easter, Bev. Your roses look lovely, that's a good enough reason to celebrate!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Yes we had a lovely quiet Easter here Bev...just the 3 of us! Bargain on those cards...excellent!!! And yes of course I wanted so see a picture of the car LOL!!! Good One.....It is a very cool car LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol i love this post you are a character Bev.xx

Christine M said...

Actually, I do like the car! It has such character! LOL!

Maria said...

LOL Love the car...would love it on my BLOCK......
Love the hexies and garden.


marina said...

beautiful flowers.
love your new car- a convertible, how snazzy.

Karen said...

I think the embroidery cards were a better win than anything else. Great find!

Valspierssews said...

You had me fooled :D I was looking for the car. I love all your hexies and good score with the embroidery cards .

Jess said...

Love your "Easter lily" I have them in red... I've always thought that this flower is very grateful
it bloom with or without rain, or any care, at least in my garden : )
By the way... lovely car :D
Saludos

Nicky said...

Got me! I had to go straight to the bottom to find the car before I read the whole post....lol
Your garden flowers are blooming beautifully as are your hexie flowers too.... great post....

Bobbie Lynn said...

You are funny. The hexagons are coming along and they are a sweet design. A wonderful Easter sunday here in California. Some of us got some rain and others just a sprinkle. All good. What a beautiful lily and the color is beautiful too. Great deal on the embroidery disks. It's alway great finding some wonderful deals out there. Have fun playing with them.
Blessings

Teresa said...

ha ha... you got me! My hubby would have loved to win that car!!!Love your hexies xx

Lynda said...

Happy April fool to you too ... Sucked me right in.

Anonymous said...

We call those lillies "Naked Ladies" here in New Zealand. They are flowering here as well despite much of the country being in drought conditions still.

I'm going to have good read of your blog as time allows.

Nice car!

Lyn said...

It would be a bit of a rough ride...love the mug mat that you won..

Mitzi said...

LOL, I love your car! Those lilies are wonderful...I never cared for the pure white lily. I'm a fan of a bit of color. And your hexagons are looking wonderful...very vintage!