Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Tuesday's Treasures."

Hello and Welcome to Tuesday's Treasures.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about two things that are very important to me. Two of my senses,the first one being sight and the second one being smell. Both of these things I treasure most dearly. Having the love of stitching and gardening it is important for me to retain these two things for as long as possible. Quite often I hear from older people that they can't smell roses or flowers. I just cannot imagine this happening to me. I know it will come sometime but in the meantime I am enjoying smelling the roses.


The rose tunnel at the bottom of the garden is blooming beautifully. Can you believe this area was a cricket pitch when David was younger.

Here it is from the other end. The steel pickets are placed a little further out as you go along. This makes the tunnel effect.

We have many Lavender plants in the garden. So lovely to pick a bunch for the home or just to touch and smell your hands as you walk by. Lots of plants have come up from seeds which is a bonus. So this Tuesday I am enjoying walking around the garden smelling and seeing my plants.

Today is also a special day at Kainga. Bonnie celebrates her Birthday today. Happy Birthday Bonnie and all the best for the coming year. Lots of adventures coming your way early next year. Enjoy them.

Please have a look at Melody's blog to see other Treasure's being showcased this week.

Happy days.
Bev C

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Bonnie!
Great rose tunnel it will look stunning covered in roses!

Briar Rose said...

I love your Rose Tunnel, how good it is to stop and smell the flowers. We all should protect our senses, and relax in a garden whenever possible. Birthday Greetings to Bonnie. Cheers R,

Carolyn said...

I just love your rose tunnel. Hope you get to "smell the roses" for a long time to come.

Melody said...

I love seeing what is happening in your garden. Your rose tunnel is very beautiful and very clever.
Happy Birthday Bonnie

Cubby House Crafts said...

Birthday Wishes to Bonnie! Your garden is lovely Bev! I always enjoy your garden posts!

I purchased a Lavender today at hubbies request for the vegie garden (supposed to deter cabbage moth)hope it works!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Bev what an amazing garden,so beautiful,happy birthday Bonnie

Michelle Ridgway said...

Happy Birthday Bonnie. Your rose tunnel is beautiful and of course my favourite Lavender.

Maria said...

Oh how I wish I could grown both roses and lavender. They both smell beauitful. Love your garden.

Have a lovely Birthday Bonnie.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Bev maybe you won't lose those senses...think positive!!! I love the rose tunnel that used to be a cricket pitch...Enjoy your garden...Dzintra

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Bev,
First, I want to send my birthday wishes to Bonne. May this be the best year ever for her. : )
Me too Bev, I am blessed to be able to have all my senses. Thanks for reminding me of that today, just feeling blue. I need be thankful and remember to be thankful for all the things the Lord has done for me and will continue to do. I have some lavender plants and I enjoy running my hands through them too. It's a great fragrance. Wishing you a beautiful and colorful day.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Sharon said...

I LOVE your rose tunnel, Bev! And the lavender!! Okay...I just plain LOVE your garden!!! ;-) Keep smelling the roses!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the garden snaps.......great tunnel.......happy birthday Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Bonnie. Your garden is beautiful Bev and I agree with you, smelling the flowers and nature is a precious treasure and we should do it as often as we can.

Narelle said...

Excellent recycling of the cricket pitch ... gorgeous tunnel!

Terriaw said...

Gorgeous archway! I love looking through that tunnel of roses. Must be so amazing to have this in your yard.

Anonymous said...

I love your rose tunnel, it is gorgeous. What type of roses are they? Lavender is a wonderful thing to have in the garden, wish mine would self seed all over the place. Belated birthday wishes to Bonnie as well. Love seeing the photos of your garden. Enjoy the rest of your week.
Sharon

Nicky said...

Your rose tunnel is amazing, you have a beautiful garden. I agree, there is nothing nicer than 'taking time to smell the roses'.