Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Have you met the Duchesse yet?

Hello and Welcome to Tuesday's Treasures.

Have you had the chance to meet a real life Duchesse? I have she is so pretty in pink.


Duchesse de Brabant

 Duchesse de Brabant was first grown in 1857. She has small clusters of cupped, soft to rose-pink double blooms. Long flower buds. She has a sweet tea rose fragrance and free flowering. A excellent climber growing to 3 metres.


The bees have been visiting the Duchesse too.

Today our Treasure Lucy is travelling back to New Zealand so a trip to the airport this afternoon.

Check out the other Treasures being shown this week at Melody's blog.

Happy days.
Bev C

13 comments:

Fiona said...

What a lovely full rose.... a bunch of those would look so pretty in a bowl...
Hugz

Melody said...

What a beautiful rose and so many flowers too - just wonderful. Wishing Lucy a safe trip. Thank you so much for playing along today.

Valspierssews said...

What a beautiful rose. I love climbing roses. The Duchess is such a lovely colour. I have always wanted a plant called a banksia rose I think. I saw it a long time ago. It had open flowers in a lovely shade of yellow.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your 'duchess' is so beautiful. I love looking at your wonderful garden. Bon voyage to Lucy.

Teresa said...

Such a beautiful Rose Bev... You must have the most gorgeous garden! Wishing Lucy all the best and I hope she has a safe trip xx

Anonymous said...

its so pretty Bev

Sue said...

Such a beautiful rose, one day I'm going to move to where I can grow roses...one day!
Bon voyage to Lucy again

Roseanne said...

I love your rose it look like it brightens up your garden.

Michelle said...

She's a beauty... thanks for sharing...

Terriaw said...

Wow, beautiful rose! What a stunning shrub full of buds! Definitely a treasure to have in your garden.

Cheryll said...

OOhhh... sooo pretty! and I think I can smell them too! :)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Bev thats a historical rose!!! Is Lucy living in NZ? Yipee it's nearly the weekend...Dzintra

Jen said...

oh the duchess is divine!!! I love climbing roses, they are just beautiful!
Hugs
jen