Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Hot Pad Swap,Mug Mats and a Paper Bag Swap.

Hello,

I finally heard from Cheryll,the Queen of Swaps that Carolyn had finally got my Hot Pad I sent her way back on the 11th of April. It must have been taking a super long trip by plane.

Anyway without further ado I present Carolyn's Hot Pad.


Carolyn had requested her Hot Pad to be in Red, Lime Green, Grey,Black and White. I managed to get them all in. I got my inspiration from the book Scandinavian Stitches.


In the book there was only the tree and clothesline but I added a little carrot patch to the side of the tree. Carolyn's blog is called "The Veggie Hunter"



Now this is the back of the Hot Pad. I noticed on Carolyn's blog that they are undergoing some home renovations. I hope your home is all back together soon.



I have just finished a fairly big project so wanted to do a few small things before I start on the next project. I found I had a partially completed pair of board shorts on a square. I started this block when I was making the beach quilt and lost it in "The Sewing Room". It re-surfaced when I was looking for something else as this is what normally happens. I also made up a cat applique. Two completed Mug Mats for very little effort. The cat material they are sitting on is the backing for the cat one and the same Hibiscus print is on the surfie shorts.

Paper Bag Swap.
I love a challenge and stitching for someone else is pretty high up there. I have joined in the Paper Bag Swap that is being run by Darleen at Snickerdoodle Dreams.


I received a lovely email from my partner Colleen the other day and this is what I will be sending her to make something special for me. We had to include two fat quarters some thread and any extras. I found a Butterfly that I did a test run on for some machine embroidery. It has been floating around the sewing room so may as well be included. I added a beautiful rose button and some ric-rac. What project wouldn't be complete without it.
Now I posted a huge parcel of today and of course when I got home I immediately remembered about the Paper Bag Swap so I guess we will be going via the Post Office on our walk this afternoon.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Happy Days.
Bev C

17 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Bev. The hot pad you made for the swap looks great. Love the mug rugs, too. Great selection for the paper bag challenge. It will be interesting to see what becomes of it.

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely hot pad! Lucky receiver!
And isn't it fun to make some small projects in between!
Have a great weekend.

Cheryll said...

Thanks for joining in the ExChAnGe, Bev... and no wonder Carolyn LoVes her hot pad! It's fantastic! Well done! :)

Michelle said...

Cute hotpad, the back looks good too!
Very pretty bits for the paperbag swap, I wonder what she will come up with!

Melody said...

Lovely work. I agree, having some small projects is always great after you have tackled a bigger project.

Valspierssews said...

The mug rug is very cute and I love the little cat (rug that is).

Maria said...

Love the Mug Rug.
Nice wee finishes too.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely hot pad Bev,well done.

rosie said...

Gorgeous work Bev, can't wait to see what you get back with the paper bag swap...

Nat Palaskas said...

I enjoyed making mug mats last Christmas. Yours are very cute!
Hugs
Nat

Terriaw said...

Great swap! I adore those mini clothesline quilts, and love the colors in yours. Hope to try making one someday.

Michelle Ridgway said...

You did a lovely job on the hot pad. I can't wait to see what becomes of your brown paper bag challenge.

marina said...

your swap goodies look lovely, I love the house with the clothes line.
your paperbag fabric is gorgeous, I agree a little bit of ric rac never goes astray.

Sue said...

I just love that hot pad. The Scandinavian book looks good...maybe I need to go shopping for that one.

Pauline said...

I see you've been busy, as always, Bev. Love the hot pad - what a great idea!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Happy Mother's Day Bev. The Hot Pad you made for Cheryll is lovely. How do you like the Scandinavian Stitch Book. I am tempted to buy it!! VBG Take care Hugs Judy

Anonymous said...

Hello Bev, lovely hot pad you made for your swap....last year I joined in on a Brown Paper Bag Challenge...had alot of fun with it....enjoy yours...Regards, Lyn