Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Makes Me Happy Monday" number 41.

Hello,

Happy Monday everyone. I spent sometime over the weekend working on the embroidery machine, I am happy to say I embroidered these nine flannels. I will be passing them onto a lady on Tuesday. She is in the CWA (Country Womens Association) they usually have a charity they can give them to. The other good thing is I have one less parcel in the sewing room, gotta be happy about that to.
I wish I could say we received lots of rain on Sunday,unfortunately it only sprinkled a little in the morning. Oh well. I am happy that lots of roses are showing of there blooms. This one above is called "The Squire" It is a English Rose (previously known as a David Austin Rose) "The Squire" which was first produced in 1977 has beautifully formed,deeply cupped blooms of deep crimson,which become a rich purple with age. It has a rich old rose fragrance. It is a strong bush with dark green foliage which is great for cutting and will last well in a vase. It is mostly a continuously flowering bush.

I am very happy to have finished the "Planning and Hoping" quilt. I did the quilting on
Wednesday afternoon. I left the binding until Thursday. I have found it is best to work when you are refreshed.
I didn't worry about putting on a border. I debated about this as I had used two charm packs which I had bought from a stall holder at the Mundaring Markets and I really didn't have anything to match. The backing was also just wide enough if I didn't add on the borders. I have decided to call this quilt "Spring".
I have been doing a bit of tidying up in the sewing room to, which has made me happy. I am gradually working through projects which is a good feeling.
What is making you happy this Monday?
Happy days.
Bev C



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems there are quite a few of us that had a Productive weekend..those washers are Gorgeous and I'm sure they will be Greatly Recieved...Love your Quilt..I Agree it doesn't need a Border...have a Good Week
cheers

Tiffany said...

Lovely embroidery, beautiful rose (that I wish I could smell), and charming quilt!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Happy Monday to you too Bev. That rose is amazing and the color is Wow!! Very vibrant indeed. Those are cute flannel squares and what a neat item to give.

Your quilt turned out wonderful and it is perfect for spring too. Glad to hear that it was broken in already and it looks inviting too. What beautiful fabric you used for the backing. Have a wonderful week.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Face washers & quilt look fantastic Bev...and the rose...I can almost smell it here!!
Jane.

Teresa said...

Lots of lovely things to see today making you happy Bev. Wish I could send you some of our rain... It hasn't stopped for so long now and we've had so much. I just love it though. Happy Monday to you xx

Anita said...

Hi Bev, Nice job on the 'facewashers'...there is a debate in our household over the flannel/facewasher deal. They would make lovely gifts for someone. Nice quilt too! Kind regards, Anita.

Terriaw said...

Beautiful rose! We have some in that similar color, which just glows in the right lighting. Love your quilt too. Feels great to have it finished, doesn't it?! Almost as satisfying as donating some of your beautiful embroidery to a charity. What a great Monday to be happy!

Nat Palaskas said...

Okay now you are asking what make me happy on Monday? Well, many things make me happy on Monday. First I don't have to do house work on Monday because I am at work. Second I can take my walk during my break and get pay for and third I'm looking forward to the end of the day to do work on my stitching. I think that all for this Monday! Love love your spring quilt. It is just right without border. Thanks for sharing such gorgeous rose - Have a happy Tuesday - Hugs Nat

Cubby House Crafts said...

Hi Bev! Lovely little embroidered face washers and your quilt is beautiful and definately no border needed!
Gorgeous Rose...still awaiting for mine to open, they are late this year (but I was a bit slack with the pruning too)
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Gorgeous flannels Bev!!! What stunning rose...and love the quilt as is...Happy Stitching, Dzintra♥x

Pauline said...

Bev, you do spread cheer on Mondays - or in my case on Wednesdays! I'm a bit behind this week.
I honestly don't know how you get so much done each week! Love the quilt and it's gay backing! (I'm over 60, I remember when gay meant gay!)

Lounging with a Latte said...

Lovely quilt and that rose is beautiful. I can see you had fun with your embroidery machine...well done!

Simone de Klerk said...

What an incredibly beautiful rose and the first name it was given is so romantic again!
Love the quilt you finished. I don't even miss the border.

Sally said...

That photo of the rose is so wonderful. Great shot.
We had rain in my part of the world today... did you get a good decent down pour too?

Great quilt too. You are so clever!