Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Colourful Fridays-Halloween colours.

Hello,

Welcome to Colourful Friday. This weeks colour is Halloween. I always think of black and orange when I think of Halloween. So I have plenty to share with you. I even found I had some witches hanging around the place. I made this quilt for my sister Chris. It shows the life cycle of the Monarch Butterfly.


Now I don't think camels are usually associated with Halloween but it is orange and black
foundation piecing. A Monarch Butterfly taken at the tourist gardens in Harvey. May Gibbs used to live in the old home that is done up as tearooms and a shop.



The Clivia has orange coloured flowers.




A Black Crow fits in so well with Halloween.





This is my kitchen witch which hangs in the kitchen. She has a little button that when it is on if you make a loud noise it lets out the most amazing cackle laugh. If you drop a saucepan lid it takes great delight in frightening you.








Halloween creatures come in all forms even sheep.







Another little kitchen witch. She sits quietly and behaves herself. I even have some glass orange coasters which I bought last year from a shop in Ruakaka New Zealand. Pumpkins are always associated with Halloween. I have several different varieties I can plant.








Halloween Material. Debbie Mumm,gotta love that. I bought this panel on special. It is actually for a vest,which I didn't want. I have cut pieces out of the panel for different things. This is a good way to get some themed material.









And lastly this is a photo I took for last weeks Orange theme which I wasn't able to join in. This orange bowl used to have little white feet underneath. It is actually Ainsley's bowl that we used for her as a baby. So we won't go into how old the bowl is. A woman never gives away her age!!!


I hope you have enjoyed browsing my "Halloween Collection" I was quite surprised to find I did have a lot to share with you.
Happy days.
Bev C





18 comments:

Michelle said...

The monarch butterfly life cycle is lovely, thanks for all the orange and black inspiration!

RG said...

You are right Bev, what a wonderful collection of oranges, black and all things Halloween, even sheep!!
Wooohoo!!

I adore the Monarch butterfly hanging made for your sister... it's wonderful and I gotta say...the sheep...so cute!!

Really inspirational stuff here Bev.
You go girl!!

Oh..and.. Boo!!

Sue said...

Great camel and I love that place in Harvey, stopped in for coffee and a wee many times

Pauline said...

When I first saw Chris' hanging I thought perhaps you had made another. Wish everyone could see it! The photo really doesn't do it justice (that's not a criticism of your photography either, by the way!) I also love your camel quilt. Lovely, stark colours!

Lois said...

You did a great job and your kitchen witch is so cute. Love Lois

Nat Palaskas said...

You have plenty to share on the Halloween Friday. Great selection of things in black and orange. I could share lot of book covers in black and orange, but I might get the sack if I do haha! Have a great weekend

Melody said...

Great work, I especially love the butterfly quilt. Happy Halloween.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Lovely Halloween mix Bev!!
Jane.

Simone de Klerk said...

Some lovely Halloween images!
You make incredible project, Bev. I am always surprised by the beauty of them.
My favorite here: the halloween sheep (o:

Karen said...

Hi Bev.
You really had a good think about colours and had some great ideas! Loved the photos and especially enjoyed the camel. I can imagine that witch scaring the daylights out of you in the middle of the night when you least expect it.
Have fun!

Maria said...

Thanks for sharing your orange and black with us.
Love your witch. I have one but disconnected the noise.

Unknown said...

Lots of Halloween things at your house. Charmaine

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow you do have a great Halloween collection Bev...Dzintra♥x

Carol said...

We get Monarch butterflies in our yard on a regular basis so I loooove your photographs. Your witches are spooktacular.

Terriaw said...

All sorts of Halloween goodies today! I love that monarch quilt! what a cool idea to capture the life cycle of such a beautiful creature. Enjoy your Halloween weekend!

Narelle said...

Wow!
You have a fantastic collection of all things halloween there.
The butterfly life cycle quilt is lovely!

Sally said...

Great collection of halloween colours there Bev. Loving the crow.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Lovely shade of orange and what a beautiful Monarch quilt. Have a wonderful weekend Bev.