Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ornament Swap arrives in Norway.

Hello,



I am now able to reveal what I made in" The Christmas In July Ornament Swap". My swap partner was Maya who lives in Norway. My parcel only took a week to get there which I think is great. I wish I could go to Norway, after looking up on the net seeing all the beautiful scenery. First I made a "Peace" banner which is from Natalie Ross's new book. I changed it a little by putting the wadding inside and turning the material through. In Natalie's design it was sewn a little bit differently.I also made my triangles a bit bigger.

The reason they were bigger because the banner is reversible. This is the back of the banner with the machine embroidery on it. I showed you a sneak peak in a previous post. I used the Lana No.12 wool embroidery thread in this. You fluff the design up afterwards.


I made a "Goodie Bag" to hold everything in. This is from Natalie's book as well.



I also made Maya a Needle Case with her name embroidered on it. She tells me this is her favourite.




I also added in a card of "Christmas" buttons in red and green. I really enjoyed doing this swap. I would like to thank Terri for organising this. You did a great job.


Back soon with another swap that I have received and I am sure there will be some sewing.

Happy days.


Bev C




8 comments:

Terriaw said...

Wow, Bev, what a wonderful package! Lucky partner! I am so impressed (and relieved) your package arrived in Norway already. Your bunting is so darn adorable. Love that it's reversible. When you gave us a sneak peak, I had no idea that's what the embroideries were for. Very cool. I also love how you customized that needle case, just for Maya. Very sweet touch!

Sue said...

A great collection of goodies for Maya. I love the bunting too. One day I'm going to make some.

Bobbie Lynn said...

hello Bev,
Wow, you have been busy and love your beautiful sewing projects. Full of color.

Your garden shots are lovely. I have not planted a fall garden in a while. I'm still thinking about doing one. If not there is always the summer garden.

So sorry to hear that you had lost a Brother. My heart goes out to you.

Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Pauline said...

You never cease to amaze, Bev. Love the reversible banner, what a lovely thing to have for Christmas!

Christine M said...

The banner looks great Bev. I'm still waiting for my parcel to arrive in Florida so that I can post photos.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

What a lovely parcel of gifts Bev. I'm intrigued that you can use the wool for machine embroderies & fluff them to give a textured effect..beautiful work!! Luv also the redwork...is that a machine embroidery also?
Jane.

Jen said...

Hi there Bev, I just found your blog through Gail's, I just love meeting fellow Aussie bloggers! What a gorgeous bundle of goodies you have sent to your swap partner, I just adore the bunting!! Can't wait to read more of your blog!
Jenny xo

chris said...

Hi Bev, what a beautiful package of goodies. You've been so busy, as always.
C xx