Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Makes Me Happy Monday" number 35.

Hello,



Happy Monday to you. This week I am happy that the Geraldton Wax is blooming. That is the pink bloom in the vase with Sophy's rose. Sophy's rose is a David Austin rose with dark cerise pink rosette shaped blooms. This has a light tea fragrance. The Geraldton Wax (Chamaelacucium) is a attractive West Australian small tree or shrub. It has needle like leaves and has waxy pink or purple flowers.


I am very happy that the jonquils have finally decided to bloom. I bought a pot of these at a garage sale a few years back. I subdivided them when I bought the pot and now I have several metres of jonquils.


I am very happy with the Rosemary. It is covered in bees which are good for the garden. Rosemary is great to put on some meat dishes to flavour it.



I am very happy with the blooms on my stocks.

Several other things have" Made Me Happy" during the week including"


The smell of fresh laundry when it comes in from the line.

The lady at the craft shop,I needed some needles for my over locker. I broke my last needle during the week. On Friday I went with my manual to make sure I was getting the right ones,she quickly rang up and ordered them and they will be here in a day or so. Happy with that kind of service.

Lucy and Ian were happy on Saturday. They went to watch there favourite team Swan Districts win a great game of footy.

I am happy that I was able to spend Saturday afternoon doing some cross stitch while Ian and Lucy were at the footy.

I am happy that I was able to get another one of those plastic quilting frames that click together.

I am happy that the weather is warming up, I can go for two walks during the day. It was just to cold for me in the mornings lately.


Please let me know what is making you happy.

Happy Monday


Bev C



9 comments:

Dolores said...

My son is back home safe from his holiday and once my daughter is home safe on Tuesday, I will be very happy.

Pauline said...

The sight of your jonquils and rosemary in bloom make me smile! The sight of Chris' new windmill made me smile at the w/end. You will be green with envy!!

chris said...

Wow, Spring is certainly further ahead with you than it is here. You have flowers, I have buds that I am anxiously awaiting to open.
Thanks do much for the wonderful package, it arrived in today's mail. I am very spoilt.
Much love to all at Kainga, Chris xxoo

Terriaw said...

What a wonderful list of things to be happy about today! All your beautiful flowers make me happy today.

Maria said...

You sure do have a lot of things to be happy for today Bev. Lovely pics.

Jen said...

Oh wow, those jonquils are gorgeous Bev! Well, all your lovely flowers are but jonquils are such a favorite of mine! Flowers always make me happy, as do family and good friends.... oh and good food ;)!! I love your make me happy Mondays, mind if I join in?!
Have a great week Bev!
Hugs
Jen xo

Teresa said...

Reading your post and seeing the beautiful flowers is making me happy Bev! My eldest son is home for a few days tomorrow... that will make me VERY happy too.
Is that a depression glass vase in the top pic?

Tiffany said...

That was a lovely surf through your beautiful gardens. All that color makes me smile for sure! It reached 100 degrees here at home today. It's crazy, and I'm wanting a fluffy snowfall so very badly.

Mylene said...

What beautiful flowers you have around, Bev!