Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, May 24, 2010

"Makes Me Happy Monday" Number 21.

Hello,

This weeks theme for the "Makes Me Happy Monday" posting is travel. Each Saturday I can explore the world without working out what clothes I need to take with me. I don't have to make sure my suitcase weighs too much and most importantly I have my passport with me. Gosh looking at the photo inside is enough to turn me of travelling. How do I do this. I read the Travel section in our paper. It is always full of wonderful places to visit,enticing you to try a new country each week. Plus some of there food and secret,well not so secret now places to visit. This week had a great section on travelling to Asia.
There is a wonderful article on the South Island of New Zealand. I can tick that one of my list though it was about 28 years ago when I went to the South Island. I reckon Mt Cook would still look pretty much the same,just the towns surrounding would have increased in size.

I read all about travelling in the Greek Islands and whale watching in Sydney.
Now which one to choose is the problem.

I have been following the extra ordinary taxi ride on the television. It is a promotion that is going on in our state at the moment. People from all over the world have been chosen to participate as passengers and get to see some of our state in a taxi. Of course there was a competition to see who would take them around and Doug was chosen. He is a taxi driver in real life. I would say he is having a wonderful time. Make sure you check out the link.



Then last but not least I was able to learn about the Leonora Golden Gift which will be held on June 5-7. There is $50,000 prize money to be won if you participate in the one-mile sprint down the main street. For more details check out this web page.
Reading all about travel makes" Me Happy" this Monday. While I was waiting for these photo's to load up the postie left me a postcard from Simone and she has been visiting to San Francisco. So that really adds some meaning to this post. Hope you have enjoyed your travels Simone.
Happy Monday everyone.
Bev C




5 comments:

Terriaw said...

What a cool way to "travel." I love going to the bookstore and looking at the travel magazines too, especially the Caribbean Travel & Life magazine. I love to travel, but can't always afford the places in my daydreams, so I love your method of getting to see these place. Happy day!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I love it Bev...travelling through the paper...just great and makes for a lot of dreaming LOL!!! And good luck with the sprint...Dzintra♥x

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the congrats on my FNSI and for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed your blog and the travel portion is dreamy. I wouldn't mind a journey on that ship to the South Island of New Zealand myself. Cheers!

chris said...

Oh to be able to go to all these places! G&L are off to Italy on the weekend, I know they will have a wonderful time and a catch up with the Family.

Teresa said...

I think if I could afford it, I would travel all the time.. Great post Bev... got me thinking and dreaming xxx