Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, May 10, 2010

"Makes Me Happy Monday" number 19.

Hello,

Happy Monday to you all. I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I certainly did so the theme for this week is Mother's Day. My Mother's Day actually started on Saturday. Every year there is a Mother's Day stall at St James Church. There is always a raffle as well as cakes plants flowers books and a stall with lots of goodies. I managed to pick up a cross stitch kit with a garden design for $2.00. Later on that afternoon we received a phone call to say that I had won 3rd prize in the raffle. Ian and Lucy went to pick it up and bought my presents at the same time. Everything was quickly rushed into Lucy's room for the night. So on Sunday I found out what was in the prize. You can see it all in the photo above, a lovely set of lotions and potions in rose perfume. Ian and Lucy gave me the Lavender products by Yardley as well as the Darrell Lea Mum's Bag. This contains such lovely items as Liquorice Rocky Road Choc Peanuts and a box of Milk and Dark Chocolate Soft Centres and a voucher for some fragrance. All is still intact except for the bag of liquorice.
Bonnie and Ryan got me a bag of liquorice as well as a gift card. Ainsley and Julian gave me a bag of potatoes. You may think that a bag of potatoes is a funny gift to give someone but not for me. It was a spot on present.

David came home yesterday with a beautifully gift wrapped box. He rang me while he was at work on Saturday night. He works a couple of days in a chemist. He asked if there was anything I needed. "Yes" I said some fish oil tablets. Well it was certainly a surprise to see David's present. Upon opening I saw the fish oil tablets and a couple of bags of liquorice and some black jelly beans. All my favourites. The box when opened has a flap on it so I will put it to use in my sewing room.
Thanks to my children for such thoughtful presents. I won't have to buy any liquorice for a while.
Happy Monday to you all.
Bev C.


12 comments:

Terriaw said...

Sounds like your kids know you well! Happy to hear you had such a wonderful day with all these goodies.

Pauline said...

Sounds to me like someone likes licorice!! What lovely loot came your way, it all looks wonderful, including the seed potatoes which I am sure you have plans for.
Happy Monday back at ya!

Lurline said...

Sounds to me like appropriate gifts chosen with love and they are the best!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Maria said...

So pleased you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Lots of lovely goodies and a win as well.
Have a great week.

Teresa said...

So glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day. Love all your gifts (esp the licorice!!!) too. Happy Monday to you Bev xx

Jossie said...

You had a real sweet Mother's Day! No question what your favourite sweet is ;-)

Mitzi Curi said...

What a lovely gathering of goodies, and very unique, I must say!

country mouse said...

Sound like you had a wonderful Mother's day!! So many wonderful (and unique)gifts. Such a happy post for a happy Monday!

Asiyah said...

You totally scored. All I got was a cheesy card and flower made of toilet paper. LOL! Gotta love the originality though.

Anita said...

Hi Bev, Looks like you got the lot on Mother's Day, the best bit being the family was there. I love your potatoes, that's like me. My lot know those quirky kinds of things I like too...a load of mulch, old bits of farm machinery, plough discs etc...they're the things I love. lol. Kind regards, Anita.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

lucky you, sounds like your kids know you well., I lurvee.... licorice too!! so yummy, so enjoy...

Mylene said...

Glad to hear you had a lovely mother's day and such wonderful gifts.