Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"When the world wearies and society does not satisfy there is always the Garden."

Hello,

I have a little garden plaque I picked up for a few dollars at a garage sale and it says on it "When the world wearies and society does not satisfy there is always the garden". Well this is so true. Over the last couple of days I have had the worst customer service at two places. Actually there was no service only money grabbing going on. Needless to say Lucy is still without her maths book and my cross stitch is back at the framers. I think I maybe making some little voodoo dolls over Easter!!!! No I wouldn't waste my time on that I hope to get a lot of stitching and sewing done and maybe a little bit of furniture moving if Ainsley and Julian get the keys to there new home and that is another story in itself. As Ainsley said on the weekend she is past caring. Anyway enough of the bad stuff the garden at Kainga is producing. Just look at these lovely strawberries. They are just called "Pink Strawberry". These are just delicious and rarely get into the kitchen instead are eaten by me when I am watering them.
The three sunflowers are all in bloom. They all seem to be different. The bees are just loving this bit of yellow heaven.

With last weeks storms we have seen on the news the devastation that was caused to the market growers. Whole crops were wiped out. One gentleman used to deliver 10 semi-trailers loads of lettuce to the markets each day. After seeing the price of lettuce last Saturday and again today I am so glad we have some growing. The pick and grow again types are really good. Apparently the lettuce with the red leaves are much better for you. They have more antioxidants.
As the label says they are garden fresh. You couldn't ask for anything better than that.
The roses just out the back are all in bloom or bud which certainly is great to see. With the temperature dropping about 15 to 20 degrees since last month the garden is the place to be.


Here is the pillowcase that I made for our monthly stitching challenge. I appliqued the bunny onto the material and added a bunny material to the end of the pillowcase. Everything I used I had on hand. The orange material came in a big box of patchwork material that I purchased at a garage sale years back. The lady I bought it from was having a lifestyle change and shifting to the city. Poor her I think shifting to the city and not taking all her material.
I wish everyone a safe Easter. I hope the bunny manages to hop into your place and leave something special for you..
Happy Easter.
Bev C


12 comments:

Janet said...

It's so lovely to see your garden. I am so tired of mud and brown grass. There were strawberries in the store the other day when I went. I couldn't resist. I made a spinach and strawberry salad--yummy. My husband said What is this? Not his cup of tea. I am so looking forward to the Spring season here and getting my hands in the dirt again. Happy Easter to you and yours.

retdairyqueen said...

The garden is always a great place to escape lifes little downers
So sad that customer service seems to be thing of the past
Your Easter pillow is lovely
Quilting is another wonderful escape
Hope you and yours have a lovely Easter

Terriaw said...

That kind of customer service (or lack of) is so frustrating. Good thing you do have such a beautiful garden to find comfort! I would probably eat those strawberries before they made into the house too. They look delicious! Nothing better than such fresh, crisp looking lettuce! I'm so envious of your big sunflowers - I need to remember to plant some of those seeds this year.

Linda said...

Thanks for the garden tour. Its always lovely visiting new bloggers.
Good luck with my giveaway. Today is the last day....

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Sounds like your garden is a real sanctuary for you Bev...just lovely!!! Happy Easter to you and I hope the Easter Bunny leaves you some chocolate eggs in the garden♥x

Maria said...

Your garden is doing really well. I have given up on growing a lot of things as we are on bore water. If that does not kill my garden the rabbits eat it.DH has built two limestone planters for me so I am going to try and grow bulbs this year.

Have a great Easter Weekend.

country mouse said...

Your garden is just lovely! So sorry about the bad customer service expierences. I work in a customer service field, and am always amazed when someone in that field is so aweful. I always try to give someone the same service I would expect. I love your little pillow, too cute! Hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter too.

Simone de Klerk said...

I love the saying, Bev. And your garden is definitely the place to be. Love the name to the strawberries!
Your Easter pillowcase is adorable! So cute.
Happy Easter ~ Vrolijk Pasen!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Bev. I wish you and your family a very Happy Easter. You sunflowers and berries look sooo wonderful to me. Your pillow case is very nice. Hugs Judy

Bobbie Lynn said...

Sorry to hear about your bad customer service. Maybe the full moon had something to do with that. : )

Look at the beautiful strawberries and the rest of your garden looks so pretty. Wishing you a wonderful Easter.

Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Pretty garden goodies! I love the pillow! Have a wonderful Easter. blessings,Kathleen

Heidi said...

Love your garden. The strawberries look so good. Ours don't make it in the house either.