Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Parcels of goodness from Santa's Festive Honeypot Swap

Hello,

Once again I was involved in Santa's Festive Honeypot Swap. It was a direct swap this year and my partner was Shiree in New Zealand. Shiree made up these wonderful decorations to go on my tree. Beautiful toile fabric in red tones. These are currently gracing our Christmas tree.
A matching card was made as well with some ribbons. Shiree also gave me the extra hand made card which I will frame. Thank you for these gifts Shiree and a big thank you to Darlene for organising this swap.

This is the card I sent to Shiree. This card can be pulled apart after Christmas. I cut out a piece of material that had Santa on it and sewed it on with some buttons.


This is the table runner I made for Shiree. I adjusted a pattern from Fat Cat Patterns.



I also added in some DMC thread a fat quarter and a tea towel I had appliqued.
So a little bit more of my work graces a home in New Zealand.
It is going to be a hot day here today so I have already started the watering of the garden. We are allocated two days of the week according to the last number of our street number. We are allowed to water by sprinkler or reticulation up until 9.00am or after 6.00pm on those two days. We can water by hand at other times. We just have to be organised. With the sun getting up earlier you wake up anyway.
Happy Sunday.
Bev C


6 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Bev. What a lovely exchange. Your table runner is very pretty. Hugs Judy

Simone de Klerk said...

Two very lucky swappers!!! I just love your merry christmas table runner and the little ornaments you got are so sweet.

Mylene said...

Such lovely exchanges, both sent and received. The table runner looks beautiful!

...and here is getting colder, expected below zero at night.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Bev...what wonderful swap gifts you have there...and what a lovely table runner♥x

Cath Ü said...

hey i was in that swap too... I had Joan from the USA and I received the most gorgeous scrapped shoe ornies... I must get a pic on my blog today...
Your swap items are lovely and I love your table runner...
Cath Ü

Anonymous said...

What fab gifts you received and gave. A lot of fun for both of you. I love the wallhanging you sent Shiree so I thought I'd come and tell you in person what a wonderful job you did.