Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Charmed.

Hello,

Not a lot of sewing has been done here at "Kainga" I have been busy with family. Although the postman has been extremely nice to me,look what came in the post yesterday.I was certainly smiling and doing the "Happy Dance" when I realised it was the charm that I won on Amanda's lovely blog. Amanda's friend Missy made this as the prize. It was personalised to suit me. I chose a "Rose"themed charm. I am so happy with this it is just me down to a T.
How beautiful is that rose on the front. I wish I could be talented enough to make this kind of jewellery. Even the other side has a beautiful floral arrangement. Plus I do love the charm attached to it which says "Live." Thank you so much Amanda and Missy.

As I had to wait about 20 minutes for my prescriptions at the chemist yesterday I decided to take a wander down to my favourite shop "Good Sammy's." Gosh,they were very busy. I managed to take home only two items. Two brand new,unopened cross stitch kits. The boat themed one is on 14 count Aida cloth and the Fir Tree Sampler in on even weave linen. I haven't stitched on this before but I am sure once I get started it will be just the same.
I have finished stitching my Monthly Stitching Challenge with Anita. I will be back tomorrow with the finished items and the theme for next months challenge.


Happy Friday.
Bev C

9 comments:

aussiequilter said...

Great find Bev!You sure have patience to do these-I would need the biggest holes available now ! cheers Teri

Anonymous said...

What an adorable charm! Oh, I used to love to cross stitch. Can't wait to see what you've been working on. Enjoy the weekend.

allsewnup said...

That is a beautiful trinket, luck was on your side with all your lovely finds.

Carolyn

retdairyqueen said...

WHAT A LOVELY PIECE OF JEWELLERY

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely win!!! And oh dear, waiting costs money ... well spend (((O:

Mylene said...

A lovely charm and great new stash.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anita said...

Great win Bev! I bet you can't wait to start the cross stitch. Have a great weekend. Kind regards, Anita

chris said...

Love the charm Bev, so you.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a lovely charm Bev...and a great theme too...Dzintra♥x