Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, July 20, 2009

"Coming Home"

Hello,

Today I finished this little stitchery. It is a little wall hanging designed by Cheryl from Willowberry designs. The final measurements are 14.5 inches by 18 inches.

I did two changes to the pattern,the gate originally had Welcome written on the sign.I changed this to "Kainga". I left out the straight stitch around the outside and the centre panel. I did try it on the outside but I chose not to do it in the end.It has been a very cold day here,the maximum temperature has been about 12 degrees with lots and lots of rain. There has been some hail as well. Lovely weather for the last day of the school holidays!!!!

Happy Sewing

Bev C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I have sent the book to Tricia but I would like to send you a little something for commenting anyway. Send me an email with your details and I will pop something in the post.
sunnycorner2340 at yahoo dot com dot au

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Very pretty colours Bev♥x

Bobbie Lynn said...

Beautiful little wall hanging and the embroidery design are wonderful. No 12 degrees here hope you keep warm. Right now we are having our summer and it is 100 degrees and humid. I can not complain because I have called to talk to family and friends and they are having much hotter temperatures. Also, the power has gone out too in my area. I have not be able to stay on the computer much. This is the first time in a few days. Have a great rest of the week and restful weekend.