Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

144 Buttons and a House.

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a great day. Today I finished sewing on the binding and hanging loop for "My Button Quilt". I bought this pattern back in January while on Holiday from this great shop There are 144 buttons sewn onto this quilt. So for the last couple of days that is what I have been doing.
The mini quilt has a button on each square.

There are three jars of buttons



Of course there is a pin cushion and a teacup full of steaming hot tea. I got to try out my Yo-Yo maker which I bought from my local craft store last year. They certainly make great flowers. I am really pleased with how this quilt has turned out. It is slightly heavier than your normal quilt,with the added weight of the buttons.


When I finished the quilt I made up the "Bless this House" pattern that I got from Dzintra
This was a quick and easy pattern to make up using bits and pieces. It looks lovely in the frame.
I can see this design being used maybe for an address book cover or enlarged and used on a cushion.
Happy sewing.
Bev C


7 comments:

Vickie said...

oh Bev that buttoning is beautiful ..my arm is aching just looking at all that work well done...love the finished look of it..and the appliques on there are superb..you go girl...might have to look me up that pattern as a long term project.cheers Vickie

aussiequilter said...

hi Bev-what a gorgeous wallhanging-I also love you stitcheries you have just framed-clever girl!!!Your parcel arrived today and I love it-thankyou so much for your generosity/the ricrac and embroidery floss will come in so handy also.Thankyou cheers Teri

Bobbie Lynn said...

What an adorable quilt and you got to use buttons too! Defiantly a quilt to bring a smile. The embroidery that you did on your last post with the cottages and flowers are lovely. Have a lovely day.

Anonymous said...

Bev! I love your button quilt and I'm glad you used so many buttons because now I have more buttons that you. Happy quilting love Anita

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A great finish on your quilt...love those buttons!!! And what a top idea for the little house...another great finish♥x

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev, now you have given me an idea what to do with all my buttons...LOL....love your button quilt...warm regards lyn

Simone de Klerk said...

Waht a great button quilt and how nice the little art piece of the house!