Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Friday's Adventure.

Hello,

Yesterday we packed the esky with food and drinks and headed of to a day out at Adventure World. What fun we had. We tried out several of the rides,ones that Lucy recommended. She obviously has a better stomach than Ian and I. We thoroughly enjoyed the bumper boats that squirted water at each other. We never cycled so much, on the paddle boats and on the mono-rail. Both Ian and I had a camel ride which was great fun. On the way home we stopped at a park and enjoyed a lovely meal of fish and chips. During the past two weeks Lucy has been doing work experience at a Vet's at a nearby town. This is part of the Structured Workplace Programme at school. She has enjoyed her time and learnt lots of things. She has seen some surgery on dogs went out on call with the vet groomed dogs and cats and seen a cat and dog put down. A fair amount of the time was spent cleaning and washing but this is all part of being a vet nurse. Well done Lucy. On the sewing front it has been a bit slow but I did manage to waste a few hours one day looking for a pattern. I thought it was in a certain magazine and when it wasn't there I searched all my magazines. You ask where it was?? On the top of the first pile of magazines I looked at!! Oh well a few hours looking through magazines is time well spent I think. I hope everyone is having a safe break over Easter. Happy Easter to everyone.

Happy days.

Bev C

No comments: