Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Brown Stitchery

Hello,

I stitched these last year. I just needed to finish a bit of stitching on one of them. I have some brown jumbo Ric-rack I want to add to it. That is the big brown lump in the photo.
I used different colours of brown thread for each stitchery. I will size them up as evenly as possible and put a border of calico with the ric-rac hand sewn on to this, then border them with the cross stitch material.


The mystery of the missing post card that was sent to us while Ainsley and Julian were travelling around New Zealand has been solved. It arrived in the mail this morning. It had been on a holiday alright. There was a stamp from Singapore on it. I hope it had a good time.
Happy stitching.
Bev C

2 comments:

Deb said...

Lovely primitive stitcheries Bev, they will look great when bordered

Margaret said...

Brown stitcheries, are certainly different , when you put them on the calico they are going to come up looking country. I think they will look great.