Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ryan and Edy's Engagement Quilt.

Hello,

A couple of months ago I was making this quilt because I fell in love with the style of the quilt. While I was making it my nephew Ryan announced his engagement to his girlfriend Edy. So I decided to give it to them for an engagement present.
As they have backpacked all over the world I thought this block was so appropriate.


The quilt is from the book "From the Heart" by Natalie Bird.


I got a fair amount of the material and the book from Bev at www.gentlethreads.com.au Bev has and online website and sells her products at several markets a couple of times a month.


This will be my last posting until the middle of February as today my Mum Lucy and I are off to New Zealand for a holiday before Ryan and Edy get married early on in February. We have our bags packed and passports ready. Lets hope we haven't forgotten anything. At least it will be about 20 degrees cooler, although cooler temperatures have been forecast for the coming week. This helps out David who has gone off to Country Week cricket representing our town in the A grade competition as a bowler. He certainly will be worn out by the end of the week. Good luck David.
Happy holidays.
Bev C


2 comments:

Roseanne said...

good luck on your holiday with your mum.By the way the quilt is very nice.

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely engagement present! Have a wonderful holiday!