Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Lucy's Cat Quilt is finished.

Hello,

One of my favourite craft magazines is the Australian Homespun. When I get the magazine I try to make something from each issue even if it is just a pincushion. I fell in love with a project by Majella Rush of Kookaburra Cottage Quilts which was in No.61 (Volume9.6). The project was actually a cat or dog cushion. As Lucy loves cats I decided to make a quilt for her Birthday which was in July. I made the blocks as I went along , I made a rough sketch but in the end went with other ideas. The quilt ended up 55inches wide by 65 inches long. I even managed to get some lovely material for the backing which has cats on it. Hearts flowers cats and cakes make up the blocks. Now Lucy and Clyde our cat can enjoy snuggling up in this quilt.

Happy stitching.

Bev C





















,

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev, Lucy's quilt looks soooo lovely, she and Clyde are probably snuggled under it now. Lots of love, Chris (Lucy's aunt)

Anonymous said...

Bev, the quilt is lovely. I love the colours you have used. Lucy will love the quilt!!! Anita

Samantha said...

So cute! We get Australian Homespun in the U.S. too- it's one of my favorites.